Monday, February 15, 2010

My Story

At seven years old my father hit me. I was seven and we were living in Kansas, my Mom had just given birth to my sister, my Father was cooking, I was hungry. My mom was sitting on the couch with my sister and i was sitting on our class coffee table and the News Hour with Jim Lehrer was on. To a seven year old child dinner was taking way to long, so I kept going into the kitchen grabbing a couple of pepperoni slices at a time because all my Dad would say is that it would be done soon. After a few times of going into the kitchen and back to the coffee table, my Father came out of the kitchen and slapped me across my face.

My mom took me and my sister to the McDonald's down the road and told me to trust her. That it would all be okay.

A day or so later, my Dad got angry again, and I got scared and hid under the dining room table, concealed by the lace table cloth that came to the floor I felt safer.

That night I watched as my Father strangle my mother as she was breast feeding my sister.

For whatever reason, he stopped. My mom got to her feet and called for me. Both my parents looked down the hallway towards my bedroom. I didn't come. The called again, and I came out from under the table.

I will never forget the look on my Dad's face when he saw that I had seen exactly what he had done. Never.

We left that night. We left for good.

He's supposed to pay child support, and he hasn't. He's dropped off the face of the planet. His brother or father, my uncle and grandfather, won't tell us where he's gone. And we suffer. And no one can or will find him.

There are many men named Lewis Alexander Boggs out there. But one of them is this man, this man who refuses to let us move on. who has abandoned us, who abused us. He is charming and alluring and looking at him you'd never guess that he's a violent man. Lewis Alexander Boggs the fifth. His father Col. Lewis Alexander Boggs the fourth, his new wife Norma Smith Boggs, his brother Robert Bruce Boggs, his wife Bridgette Sue Bell Boggs, their son Travis Mckay Boggs. These people, my blood family, hasn't helped us. And no one will make them.

This is what abuse victims go through. People who don't believe them. But here is my story, maybe this post and posts to come will shed some light on our journey. And you too will begin to see why we need more effort in catching abusers and child support evaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment